You’re passionate about helping animals and people and you thrive in a busy team environment. You strive to hone your skills and care for our patients and clients to the best of your ability. If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply for one of our available veterinary careers in Zion, IL! We’re an AAHA accredited animal hospital providing full-service veterinary care for dogs, cats, and a variety of exotics.
Send your application to email@example.com if you’re interested!
Current Job Openings
The responsibilities of the veterinary technician are to create a safe and caring environment for our clients and their pets. To assist in the efficient flow of the practice through the skills and knowledge they possess while providing medical assistance to the veterinarian. The technician will participate as an active and knowledgeable team member.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes before clinic opening and prepare for the day.
- Prepare, stock and clean examination rooms.
- Prepare for patient interaction, review medical and vaccinations records.
- Greet and room pets, obtain vitals and listen to owners concerns.
- Communicate information received from owners about their pets and their expectations of the visit to Dr. Gray. Start S.O.A.P. record.
- Communicate to the owners information, as instructed by Dr. Gray, regarding their pets conditions and treatments, discharge or medication orders, lab results, future appointments, or any other information necessary to the care of their animal.
- Dispense medications according to Doctor’s instructions. Properly label medications and instruct owners on the use of the medication.
- Release owners to the front desk for end of visit transactions. Supply receptionist with completed travel sheets, next appointment information, and any purchased supplies/medications.
- Prepare, stock and clean clinical area including kennels.
- Assist Dr. with the treatment of animals, before, during and after procedures.
- Perform full body and dental radiographs as prescribed by Dr. Gray.
- Document treatment information, dental charts, medications, and in-house care.
- Process lab samples and properly prepare them for delivery to the lab.
- Prepare proper documentation and remains for euthanized animals.
- Maintain inventory, ordering and storage, including food. Store inventory items in correct areas neatly and orderly.
- Update ordering board as items are ordered and received.
- Clean, dry, and store laundry.
- Maintain necessary inventory: prescription food, medications, and general items.
- Maintain all equipment; perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as required.
- Act professionally and courteously to all clients and staff members.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Understand and follow all policies of Gray Animal Hospital.
Veterinary Technician Job Specifications
- Ability to speak and understand English, second languages are desirable.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Knowledge of animal care and procedures.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures.
- Ability to use clinical machines such as IDEXX machines, autoclaves etc.
- Ability to remain calm and make sound decisions.
- Experience of 2 years or more in veterinary medicine is desired.
- Computer experience and competency in basic programs and Evet Practice Management software.
- Basic math skills.
- Although a formal degree is not required, graduation from an accredited Veterinary Technician Program is desirable.
Gray Animal Hospital is a privately owned practice. We opened in January of 2018 and have had tremendous growth in the last year. We are a 2 doctor practice, both with extensive experience in emergency medicine, surgery and behavior. Exotics experience is a plus but not required. We are approximately 90% small animal and 5-10 % exotics. We believe in a positive work life balance with a 4 day work week and 2 weeks paid vacation. Our state of the art clinic has a fully equipped in house Idexx lab, digital dental and whole body x-ray, ultrasound and therapeutic laser. We are located in Zion Il, 1 hour north of Chicago.
Benefits include the following:
- 401k retirement plan with 3 % employer match
- Health, Dental and disability insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid major holidays
- $1500 CE allowance
- AVMA and CVMA association dues
- 30% Pet discount
- $95,000-$120,000 starting salary/ProSal